Thinking of a friend xx

A lovely colleague from work left work yesterday in tears after getting a call saying her Father had passed away.  This brought back some hard memories for me, as I was in the exact same position a few years ago, at work struggling to keep my composure.    This simple card is for her.  She is a card maker herself and has told me regularly she likes simple cards.

 I had this card base made up from a few weeks ago after seeing Kristina Werner create this effect with pigment white, a stencil and distress inks.  It is so simple, yet effective.  It allows distress ink to sit on top of the Kraft card and remain vibrant.   The blog post here shows Jennifer McGuire original card using stamps and then Kristina's version with stencils.  I like both, unfortunately I am not as accurate as Jennifer would be when moving a stamp across just a little.  I bought the stamp she uses when she first shared her idea.. must did that out.





Thanks for visiting today
Im entering the following challenges
Tags @ pdelinkparty
(not sure if adding a tag meets the criteria though)
Flowers @ Craftycatzweekly

Ive linked to products below, I didnt use Bazzil for my card but the product linked below looks like a close match.  


6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous. I am definitely going to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.
    I am sure you colleague will appreciate the thought too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel, I was going to post it and then I realised the big rose on it was quite too big to pop in the mail. (oops)

      Delete
  2. Wow thanks Janis, thats special

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful technique and looks spectacular. I love how simple yet stunning this card is. I found it very inspiring and will now need to try it out on my own :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at PDE.
    - DT Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with all those different colors - look so cool!

    Thank you for joining our Flower Challenge at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty, thoughtful card. Your friend will really appreciate it. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week. Cindy-GDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.