My Favourite Colours

Its hard for me to say what my favourite colour is, my husband always tells me I wear brown to often.. but I am an earth toned lover and lets face it, brown is definitely an earth tone.  Since a young age however I have loved Aqua or Teal, something about that colour really makes me happy.  I wore Teal to my year 12 formal and it was the colour of my bridemaid dress at my wedding.  And Teal goes perfectly with pink.  If we are talking clothing.. i rarely wear pink but I certainly do like to colour with it!

Here is my work in progress of my entry to TeddyBo, Your favourite colour.  I am taking my time with both this blog post and also the project itself.. something about these images really make me want to slow down and enjoy the process.

I am using my Express it cardstock for this image, I had been storing it away as its quite expensive, but now that the copic 2 course has started on  Get It Scrapped, I was reminded that it really is great card stock for copics... Im not sure if this image shows you how vibrant the colours are on the express it card stock, but sitting in front of me, the colours are popping off the page.

 And these are the colours I have used.   I was putting them aside as I worked and was very
surprised to see how many ended up being used.

Now for the next part of my little project.... what layout will make this image be the focus....
lucky I have the whole day to play, my kids have just woken up and its past midday... aren't school holidays just grand!

and here is my finished card, im struggling lately trying to figure out if i should put more on a card.. or just keep it simple.  I did cut some very find swirls to pop under the flowers and I coloured the flowers with the pinks and teals that I used in colouring the image.   I used my Blackcat Cougar to cut the swirls and im so impressed.  They are 1.5mm wide which in my book is very finely cut..

Im pleased with the final outcome of this card,unfortuantly I know a few people that are going to need get well cards, so im storing up a few, its nice to know that this may cheer someone up, even if just a little bit xoxo

Some other challenges that I want to play in

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card - the papers are gorgeous - thanks for sharing with us at Teddy BO
    Hugs
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one gorgeous card just love the image,and the colors on this bless you for playing at creatalicious this month love hugs cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card in great colours. Love the image and I am sure you will make someone very happy with it!
    Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this week
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love these colours together, they look amazing - I may have to try them myself.

    Thanks for sharing this amazing card with us at Teddy Bo's challenge.

    Love Clairebears x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore aqua and pink is a beautiful accompaniment to it. Lovely card.

    Thank you for joining us at Teddybo.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour combo. My favourite colour is teal also. Lucky you having a black cat cougar, its on my wish list but I think it will be a while before I get one. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Teddy Bo.
    Hugs
    H xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.