Key to my heart

So yesterday I got my Colouring with Copics book and went through it with my youngest craft addicted daughter and she wanted to make a card following the instructions given, the image was Key to my heart by tiddly inks, after finding it in the Tiddly Basement off we went on creating.   I didnt have a few of the colours the guide recomended but i think my version is pretty good.  The version in the book uses lots of bling in swirls which I didnt have any of, so I used a swirl cut on my gazelle in very old silver card stock and then put glitz on it to bling it up, I quite like the effect and the cost effectiveness of this method.  And I love that my cutter played nice with the swirl.. guess what Im going to be cutting a lot of in the future!  I used Craft Artist to make the sentiment, as I didnt have the stamp, I quite like how well that turned out, I should of make the font a tiny bit smaller so I would fit in the nest I used to cut it down.  The Watermarks are added through Craft Artist too.. in two clicks!  Got to love that.  My next challenge for the day (other than paying the bills, sorting paperwork, continuing on the washing and house cleaning, doing some cooking and maybe brushing my hair...) will be this challenge at Tiddly Inks which is a book mark challenge, some great inspiration over there at the moment.  Thanks for dropping by...


Ellephantastic Challenge - Lots of Layers


10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous image and beautifully coloured too...love your card!
    Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CropStop!

    Kathleen
    Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fab creation! Thanks for sharing with us at AUD sentiments! Gemma :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, So pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us during our "Anything Goes" Challenge at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, I think cards turn out much better when you subsitute things, makes them original, I love how youve done the swirl. Thanks for joining us at TPS this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments and good luck! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card and sentiment! Thanks for playing along with our CropStop Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at Cuddly Buddly ……..

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful work, thanks for joining the PIO challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card. Thank you for joining in on my theme over at Truly Scrumptious this week, and good luck.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.