Mothers Day Card

Well I got up early and took the kids to school, did an hour of exercise, NO Housework.. and then popped into the craft room to play with my free images from Delightful Inspiration.  I wasnt quite sure what to use this image for this week, I decided on Mother's day, which for us in Australia is still a few months off.  Im quite happy with the finished product, I would of liked the punched flowers to stand out a little more, they are well and truly stuck down though!
What else, oh I got some new paper to try my copics on, its watercolour paper that was on special at Spotlight.. Im not sure if I like it or not, it tended to take the ink and not blend it (most likely as its watercolour paper so quite porous!)
I played along with Cooking it up with Katie this week, and am now wondering if I will also apply for her DT Call.  She has a real knack of setting the bar for the challenge just a little bit higher.  This week her challenge is a recipe of,Something girly,Paper Piecing, At least 2 designer/patterned papers.  You can add more than that but you have to include those things at a minimum.  I hope that me using a Decoupage technique is considered paper piecing.. (fingers crossed!) I printed my image twice and cut out the teapot, coloured it and then used Glossy Accents over the pot for some shine.
I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday this week for my card layout. And used Word to make the mothers day sentiment as I didnt have a small mother's day stamp to use.






I have my Aifactory post heading your way this afternoon, I think its a nice twist on the use of new images! Stay tuned for that one!  


 Are you looking for my Candy? Click here to enter

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!
    I love the embossing on the background and the colors are wonderful.
    Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used!! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful! I love the warm colors and texture! Katie is a good friend of mine and fun to work with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in and leaving a comment, have a great day.